Saturday, January 15, 2011

Martin Luther King, Jr. Poem and Craft Update 1/20

Here is the poem that I will be using with my first graders.  It's one of those weeks when we add more than one poem to our "Keepsake Book in Poetry".  My kids look forward to these weeks...as I mentioned before, my students LOVE to work on their Poetry Journals.  
I have parents that usually tend to throw out most of the things that their children bring home but have told me they hang on to the Poetry Journal because it is such a keepsake, hence the name... "Keepsake Book in Poetry."   Enjoy!!!



Students' Interpretation!  



The art activity was inspired by the blog "What the Teacher Wants."  I did my best to interpret her students' MLK, Jr. art project.  










Poetry for children is a way to cultivate a child's imagination and critical thinking. ~Anonymous





4 comments:

Debi said... [Reply]

Thanks, Deb!!! Tell Nick, I said Hi!! He's in 6th or 7th grade now???

debra said... [Reply]

Great job Debi! Sorry I saw a typo :) Please keep up your enthusiasm, you are such an amazing teacher! Nick is in 7th now and just turned 13! My best to you always :)

Rachelle and Brian said... [Reply]

They turned out SO cute! Love it!
-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Debi said... [Reply]

Thanks, Rachelle! I think the kiddies will enjoy!!

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!