Saturday, January 22, 2011

NEW! For the Week of 1/24 Penguin Poem and Craft

This is my first year using this poem to go along with our MacMillan McGraw-Hill Treasures Reading Series.

This week's theme is BIRDS and the story is PELICAN WAS HUNGRY.  The title of the Leveled Readers that go along with this week's story is Penguins.  Due to the fact that it's freezing cold everywhere else...I decided to go along with a poem about Penguins instead of the original poem I had chosen "Spring Things."   It just doesn't feel like Spring!

Here is my sample: 



Student Samples:





2 comments:

Lori Faas said... [Reply]

Debi...I love this. I have my first graders keep a poetry journal in a composition notebook. I have had them do activities, writing prompts and other things in the notebooks but I love this craft project! Thanks for the great idea!

Debi said... [Reply]

Thanks, Lori! I enjoy doing a Poetry Scrapbook....it's more meaningful to the kiddies and to their parents!!

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!