Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This week's poem: "Who Makes Up a Family?"

This is my first year using this poem to go along with our MacMillan McGraw-Hill Treasures Reading Series. 


This week's theme is FAMILIES and the story is Smile, Mike!  I asked the students to bring in a family picture to scrapbook. I have lots of scraps that I keep on hand for class poetry projects. The students will be provided with the materials to scrapbook their family picture.   This project takes a lot of time, but the kids really enjoy putting it together.  This is our FUN FRIDAY!!


Here is my sample: 

Here are two of my students' family poetry pages. They picked their own scrapbook papers (I cut the paper to fit into their poetry journals) and decorations.  I think they did a SUPER Job!!:













0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!