Saturday, March 12, 2011

Help Needed from Teachers in California/Texas Treasures Users

  
Hi, this is Debi....I need your help!!!  
I've heard from some Teachers  (from Texas and California) that use my poems.... that there are many stories that are different between their editions and the Florida edition.

Could someone please send me a list of the themes and titles for the Texas and California Treasures?? by Unit and Week?? I would like to create poetry schedule to go along with their Treasures Edition.  Something similar to the one I created for the Florida edition found here: 

Thanks!
Debi Childress
Just 4 Teachers: Sharing Across Borders (Check out my new Blog ....I have all my
Poems for Treasures... Be one of my followers)
http://just4teachers.blogspot.com/
http://mrschildress.com

"If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they
learn."

Photobucket

14 comments:

sailingintofirstgrade said... [Reply]

All I have here at home with me is Unit 5:
Week # 1 Kitten's First Full Moon/ In the Sky
Week # 2 Meet Ben Franklin/ What Scientist Do
Week # 3 Stormy Weather/What's the Weather?
Week # 4 Happy Fall / The Seasons
Week # 5 A Tiger Cub Grows Up/ Watching Animals Grow

I hope that helps. I will try to compile a list after Spring Break of the rest for you if you don't get them from someone else first.
~Kim

Kathy said... [Reply]

Did you only do 1st grade or have you done 2nd grade for Florida treasures?

Debi said... [Reply]

Kathy,
Yes, I've only done 1st Grade Treasures. My district has been using it for 3 years now. I hope to one day use the 2nd Grade Treasures. :) Do you teach 2nd?

Mrs. Ibarra said... [Reply]

Hi Debi,

I am emailing you all the main selections by units for CA version.

Debi said... [Reply]

Thank you so much, Lisa! I received your email!! I will keep you posted on my progress.

Kathy said... [Reply]

We also have been using treasures for about 3 yeras now. Yes I teach 2nd grade and love it. Your poems are great.

Allison @ Room Mom 101 said... [Reply]

Debi,
I left you a comment last week about how much I love this poetry idea to go along with Treasures. I teach 1st grade in southern Utah and we are using the same as Sailing Into First Grade's comment. Thank you for all of your help since this is my first year using this program! I am totally planning on using your idea next school year. When I do I will be featuring it on my blog.

Debi said... [Reply]

Allison, yes, I remember you! I am going to work on a list....and as soon as I am done, I will post and you will be able to use it for next school year. Thanks!!! :)

Mrs. Ibarra said... [Reply]

Hi Debi,

I officially go back to work on April 4th. We will be on Unit 5 Week 2 Benjamin Franklin.

Thanks for your hard work. I do appreciate it. I will try to post as much of the Treasures activities I do with my kids in case you can use them.

Mrs. Ibarra

Mrs. Ibarra said... [Reply]

Yes!!! Please share what ever you can. You've inspired me to do a poetry journal next year. I have my notebooks ready to go! =)

Mrs. Ibarra said... [Reply]

Hi Debbi

I just downloaded your journal file. WOW! What a WONDERFUL resource. THANKS!!!. No need to post the Benjamin Franklin anymore.

Mrs. Ibarra

Michelle said... [Reply]

Is there a difference between the California and Texas editions?

Debi Childress said... [Reply]

Michelle, no there isn't a difference ... But there is a difference between Texas/CA and Florida.

Michelle said... [Reply]

Thank you Debi

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!