Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to Poetry!

Summer is almost over.  School starts for my students on Monday...which means a BRAND NEW Poetry Journal Scrapbook!  I love the smell of a new journal, don't you?

Many of you have seen my first grade poetry journal, however, I am in second grade this year, which means a whole new journal.  I already worked on the poems (I posted the journal back in June, go here to download: http://just4teachers.blogspot.com/p/my-2nd-grade-poetry-journal-work-in.html).  Now, it's time for my week by week poem and activity to go along with the poem.  The poems correlate to 2nd Grade Treasures (Macmillan-McGraw Hill Treasures).
Before I begin with the poems that go along with the stories.... this is how I start my journals:
Cover

Letter to the Parents


Poem to go along with 1st Day of School Class Picture!
The cover of my journal.
Inside: Left is the Letter to the Parents and to the Right the  Second Grade Poem.
I always start (and end) the year with a class picture.

Again, if there are any poems that you like, please go to  the following links:
For my 2nd Grade Poems: My 2nd Grade Poetry Journal
For my 1st Grade Poems: My 1st Grade Poetry Journal
For my 1st Grade CA/TX Treasures Teachers: My 1st Grade Poetry Journal (California-Texas Edition)
Just 4 Teachers

3 comments:

Kristen said... [Reply]

I LOVE the cover you made! I've been dying to try out the black and white Thistlegirl graphics but haven't yet. Your kids will love this! Good luck with the first official day :)
Kristen
Ladybug's Teacher Files

Enjoy Teaching English said... [Reply]

This is a treasure I have found!
Thank you for your efforts in spending years in collecting these poems and thank you for sharing!

Lusine

Just4Teachers said... [Reply]

Thank you, Kristen and Lusine!!! I really enjoy it...and when you really love something, the kids tend to pick up on it, too. :)

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!