Sunday, August 14, 2011

REWARD! Will the person or persons who STOLE my SUMMER please bring it back


Well, summer vacation has come to an end.  Tomorrow we report back to school …for a week of engaging meetings and gatherings.  Our theme this year is “Fit for Learning”…so we are to report back in our workout gear.  I personally don’t own any, and after a real cool pedi, not sure if I want to wear sneakers.  Right?

I still have a pile of “purging” to do…. And then I can dedicate to “decorating” the room.  Meet and Greet AND Open House are on Friday…so I have to get my PowerPoint ready and all the cutesy stuff that I have for my kids and for my parents.  I can’t wait to see how much they’ve grown over the summer.  Unless, anything else has changed, I am expecting 13 out of 19 students to be looping with me.  Some have moved out of state or county, others have decided to go to private schools, one was placed in “gifted” (kicking and screaming…she said to me…”your gifted, why can’t I stay with you?”) For that reason alone… that she knows that I can meet her needs because I am certified is enough reason for her to move on.  Right?  I will miss her.  Only one parent decided that her child would be better off with another teacher.  I will miss her bright smile every morning. 

I will post pictures of my classroom, once it is done.  It does not in any way compare to the amazing classroom setups I’ve seen these past few weeks from my fellow bloggers.  I don’t know how you guys do it.  Your rooms look amazing.  Maybe I am overwhelmed by how small my classroom is and the lack of storage…or I am just not a great classroom decorator.  Is there a Classroom Crasher on HGTV??  I could sure use the help!!  I would LOVE  a classroom makeover.  I only have one small bulletin board in my classroom… and because of the fire marshal, I haven’t figured out how I am going to create my Word Wall, etc. I am stumped!!

Oh, I was thrilled to have met up with a new friend, Denise, you know her from her blog “Sunny Days in 2nd Grade”…you can read all about it on her blog.  She’s funny!  Love her writing! And, while you are there check out her crate chairs (I had left over wood…), they came out soooooo cute!  I love the little loop she added.  http://sunnydaysinsecondgrade.blogspot.com/2011/08/crate-seats-new-friend.html

Well, time to enjoy the afternoon before it starts to POUR!  Today is the last day of Tax-Free Shopping Days in Florida….and guess what?  I haven’t bought anything.  I need a little motivation, but my teenager is not cooperating, he would rather play on the Wii!  Sigh….  Happy Sunday Bloggin’!  


Just 4 Teachers

4 comments:

Lori Faas said... [Reply]

Debi! Come up to NY....summer is still in session here until the week after Labor Day!

Lori
http://mrsfaasfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

Jess said... [Reply]

I just found your blog from Sunny Days in Second Grade and I love it! I'm from Florida too!
Rambling About Reading

Just4Teachers said... [Reply]

@Lori, I'm from NYC...so I know that summer is still in session. I tried voting for a later start date (after labor day), but my district was not onboard. :(
@Jess, Welcome! Thanks for visiting. I am glad you found your way here. I love blogging and stalking. I will be checking your blog out!

Fern Smith said... [Reply]

I just found your blog from Sunny Days in Second Grade and I love these! I'm from Florida too, just south of Jacksonville, but I was born in Ft. Lauderdale!
~Fern
Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!