Friday, September 30, 2011

Poetry+Heritage=Winning Project

I posted earlier this week the poem that I was going to do with my kids, with an example of what I created with the poem.  The theme for this week was "Coming to America."
Puerto Rico/ New Yorker
Well, I asked my students to bring in items that represent their heritage and what an amazing job they did!!  I have a mini-UN in my classroom.
Cuba, Italy, Ireland, and America

Ecuador

American/Floridian +New Yorker/Christian-Jew

Spain

Australia and Jamaica

Argentina

Venezuela

Italy

Cuba and Spain

Jamaica and Haiti/New Yorker

Dominican Republic and America

Cuba

France

Brazil

Colombia

Colombia

Still missing a few students....  but today we learned so much about each other.  The kids had a blast working on this particular poetry project.  :)  If you tried this one....please let me know how it worked out in your classroom.  I would love to hear from you!


Just 4 Teachers

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!