Sunday, April 8, 2012

Unit 5 Week 2 Pushing Up the Sky (A Play) Poem and Activity

Unit 5 Week 2 Pushing Up the Sky Poem and a "Chuckling" Activity

This past week my students had a lot of fun working with their poem " A World on Stage."   We read a Native American legend (play) called Pushing Up the Sky.  The children got to perform the play in class for each other.  For their craft, they designed their own stage using material for their curtains (my Room Mom cut them out in advance)...  I had pictures of their faces which they use to create a picture of themselves on stage. (My room mom found cut-outs of singers, magicians, and dancers.)  The kids chose the body they wanted or they created their own.  These came out hysterical.  We were laughing so hard as we viewed each one.  Amazing work on their part.  I think they came out great!!!  What do you think?

















Just a reminder that you can download any of the poems that are featured on this blog here (Click on the journal):







Just 4 Teachers
Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd - TeachersPayTeachers.com

2 comments:

Emily said... [Reply]

I think they turned out awesome! I just made mine a stage clipart picture, but I love how you used fabric. =)

Emily @ Second Grade Silliness 

Just4Teachers said... [Reply]

@Emily
Thanks, Emily. I couldn't have done it without my room mom's help. The kids really had a blast working with the material and their pics. LOL!

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!